PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Travelling BA, doing ticket on departure?
Old 31st Jan 2001, 23:24
Scottie Dog

GBP25.00 is a hefty fee and on some occassions is unavoidable. If you are travelling with BA - even on a non e-ticketable route then they will charge you a handling fee.

The fee for routes which are non e-ticketable, or which involve mixed carriers has been dropped to GBP10.00. I think that the charge of GBP10.00 for a TOD on MAN-STN is a ripoff, since there is no alternative for short notice bookings.

For your information the use of back-to-back tickets is technically illegal, since the airline could accuse you of fraud. I would call it 'creative ticketing' as long as all coupons are used in the correct sequence.

I have many travellers who are based in far flung parts of the country, and who may not be staying in any one place long enough for tickets to be posted. This will account for requests for a TOD even if travel is well in advance.

BA will even charge you GBP10.00 if your travel agent issues the ticket, takes it to the ticket desk and asks them to keep it for the traveller to collect.

Such seems to be the way forward in this age of 'lets see if we can make a fast penny'. Lets go back to the days when the airline, agent and passenger would work together!

[This message has been edited by Scottie Dog (edited 31 January 2001).]