PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Olympic Airlines/Air
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2008, 09:26
uklad007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with the earlier comment that Olympic do provide a good service, i flew with them last year and had no complaints at all and would fly with them again /recommend them. I think if it did go to the wall and couldnt be rescued it would be good to see Aegean pick up routes and keep it local so to speak.
Its all very well for the people at Ryanair rubbing their hands together in anticipation but they wouldnt pick up any or hardly any of the inter-Greece feeder routes and would just fly to their current bases rather than stepping in to the shoes of Olympic on most routes. I dont think MOL needs to wait for a possible demise of Olympic if thats his plan, it hasnt stopped him before. You cant deny Ryanair has its place in European Air Travel (and i say that not as a fan of the airline) but there needs to be a national airline or two in place to do what Ryanair doesnt - provide a full service offering domestically, within Europe and beyond to main city centre airports.

My hope is that it survives in some form or its taken over by someone with the backing to put it right.......which looks to be hopefully happening with Alitalia!