PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANSTON -3
Thread: MANSTON -3
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2008, 08:58
catflaps

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"In truth I don’t claim to know enough about the area. Perhaps a few selected routes may work in turboprop aircraft but whether it is sustainable long term is anyones guess."

It may suprise a few of you, but it is over ten years since the terminal freehold was sold into private ownership and nine years since the rest of the airport followed it. In all of that time there have been constant cries about how profitable and successful it could be. Yet, year on year it has cost the owners millions and generated few jobs. We were constantly told "Time will tell." I think time HAS told, and it has told us that Manston is in the wrong place. In my opinion, the window of opportunity has now closed and Infratil would be well-advised to cut their losses and propose some alternative use for the land which will be of real benefit to the local population.

P.S. I hear (from someone who's been in touch with his office) that Boris won't be coming to view it. Perhaps Carter needs to have a rethink.

P.P.S. EIDFZ posted the following: "I heard one year 2865 complaints were recieved in reference to noise ect, 2789 were from the same four people!!"
I don't know where you heard this chum but it is absolutely false. The complaints statistics are publicly available and I suggest you refer to them before posting in future. Manston generates a large number of complaints considering how little used it is.