PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK or QR, enlighten me please
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2008, 08:58
CitationTen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EK or QR, enlighten me please

Hi everyone,

After doing countless hours of online research over the past year or so, I have yet to make a conclusive, rock solid decision on which carrier would be better to work for. As anyone who is the least bit serious about making a move to the middle east knows, you can never ask enough questions. As such, I'm going to ask this ambiguous question again (yes, I've already read and are still reading all the posts concerning the two companies, but I still get daramically different answers (from this forum and people on the "inside") - and yes, I know adage - different folks, different strokes)

I know this question has been asked in one way or another countless times over, but I was hoping to get some informative, knowledgeable insight from someone who's worked in both companies, if there are (someone who's truly been on "both sides of the fence", although someone who outright knows would be good as well)...

...Generally speaking, overall, which would you recommend: Emirates or Qatar Airways? Any particular reason, or many in culmination?

I know this is a touchy subject, so if more appropriate, and pm would be appreciated. For what it's worth, I've been offered a job with one, and shortlisted for an interview with the other. Just trying to gather absolutely every bit of information as necessary before making a serious, potentially long term decision. And I truly believe that you can never ask too many questions, especially when so much is at stake.

Many many thanks for any insight!