PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A Quick Thanks......
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2008, 08:12
Squawk7143

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AIDU......

It was a simple thank you to intelligent people.....but since you appear to need pictures let me draw you one.

Kinloss via CAC from Lossie is Lossiemouth and turn left mate...not North over the sea as a general rule. So since I am orbiting at the coast and in the Lossie radar overhead it's reasonable to expect the Chinook may want an early westerly heading (South of the coast) to fly through the Lossie overhead enroute for rwy 26 at Kinloss. Since he is on UHF and I am on VHF I can not hear his intentions. So sensible course of action is to maintain the status quo until I am visual with him or told to do otherwise.

I roll out of the turn to see him at 1 o'clock he is tracking North as I have been told. I am thinking if I take avoiding action immediately and he was intending to route Westerly via the Lossie overhead then I will cut right across his path. So I wait a few seconds continuing Easterly until it's clear his intention is to continue North over the sea and I initiate a standard right turn for traffic from the right. Clearly the professionals in ATC and the professionals in the Chinook had already elected to route around my orbiting position. Of course I did not know that in advance since I am not on the same frequency as the Chinook. So I make no changes of height and as I roll out the turn I maintain an easterly heading so that I keep him visual until I understand his intentions.

Mine's a tea please and yes I would like a newspaper thanks.