PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA038 (B777) Thread
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2008, 03:55
FirstStep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fuel System Schematics

Report states that crossfeed valves were closes for entire flight...and 10K fuel balanced for the most part in the two main tanks....
Was center tank fuel uploaded for this flight, and if so, roughly how much?.
As I am unfamiliar with the 777 ( only the 747-200 & -400 ), are the CWT fuel boost pumps "override" pumps, as in the type that will put out more pressure than the mains?. And if so, is there any limitations to having them on below a certain volume?. Could there be any possibility that CWT fuel ( mabye unscavenged fuel ) at highpressure was feeding/cavitating both engines?. Would only the pump cavitate, or would air be induced into the system?.

I know SOP would most likely have had Center tank emptied by now, and pumps switched off, but again I'm looking for a "common feed" so to speak.
Again, I am unfamiliar with the 777, and I know there is a wealth of knowledge spread ( unevenly ) amongst those who peruse this forum.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
As far as the kudos for the "wonderful" job the Autopilot did...
If I were handflying this approach, and lost thrust, would I sacrifice altitude for airspeed ( to prevent a stall ), damm fckng right I would.
And YES, with a loss of thrust, I KNOW I could FLY it to the ground a WHOLE lot better than the A/P. This is airmanship 101 guys. The only question I have is at what point do I realize I had no thrust and then act.

As I have no doubt there are those that will lay into me....lube liberally pre-applied.