PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA038 (B777) Thread
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2008, 22:25
Green-dot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post missing in previous BA38 thread . . . .

With reference to thread "AAIB BA38 B777 Initial Report Update 23 January 2008" (now closed):

Post #445, which i wrote, described first hand experience with fuel shutoff valves, the equivalent to the T7 spar valves, which closed uncommanded (no B777 or any Boeing aircraft were involved) during flight which resulted in mishaps.

There were several replies in reaction to my initial post #445 to which i subsequently replied.

I Replied to ChristiaanJ (and Chris Scott) but my reply, which dealt with testing and certification related to EMI/HIRF has been removed from that thread . . . . .

In response to the now missing reply the following persons responded of which i show abridged versions below:

"Post 451:
CONF iture :

I'm still on the fuel but Green-dot is producing an interesting reading ..."

And:

"Post 452:
yamaha :

I can't keep quiet any longer. Put EMI to bed. Its nothing more than trying to inject a conspiracy theory into the whole tragic affair.

It reminds me of all the A320 scaremongering 20 years ago. Lightning will bring it down, power cables will bring it down, the computers will be hijacked by virus's.....all humbug.

How many aircraft fly each day and how much EMI is out there 24/7.
Please get real."

To keep the record straight there is now a mis-representation of the actual amount of posts in above mentioned thread. It makes me wonder what caused my reply to be removed.

To "Yamaha" i would like to say that the word "conspracy" will never be part of my vocabulary, neither will scaremongering. I have 34 years of experience working on aircraft and their systems and that experience is based on facts!

With the AAIB Bulletin S1/2008 released yesterday, several issues are no longer a matter of concern. Many other issues are still on the table. EMI/HIRF is perhaps one of those issues.

I will wait for the final report with great interest.

Regards,
Green-dot