PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA038 (B777) Thread
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2008, 20:06
avrflr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Continuing to defend the fuel

Originally Posted by airfoilmod
My reading was that the Fuel was "in Spec". Is that "within Spec" for pure Fuel or does that consider that there is no "Spec" for Water, Alcohol, Glycol, or Canal Mud? I'd like to see collection protocol, transit, and testing methods before I defend the FUEL. (As in, what reality offered in the way of combustible supply to RR1 and RR2.) Just Sayin'. #124, #125
The spec for the fuel includes that it must contain less than (I think) 30 parts per million of water and that it must be free of solid contaminants. The AAIB report states that there was no significant quantity of water or other contamination in the fuel samples taken. I take this to mean that, being clever chaps, they considered the possibility that fuel contamination caused the accident and they went looking for it. They took samples from various parts of the engines, fuel system and tanks. If there was free, suspended or dissolve water, or solid contamination, or off spec fuel, I for one think they would have found it. I would like to know where this phantom fuel contamination went to hide from the investigators.