PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA038 (B777) Thread
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2008, 19:27
avrflr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sispanys ria
avrflr i'm sorry you cannot post a polite reply. I'm just interrogating myself, and never mentioned fuel exhaustion, but in a low fuel configuration, it might have been possible that the tank LP pumps were not able to provide the adequate fuel to the HP pumps...

As you refer to the small items found in the tanks, I would like to see how you explain that almost simultaneously, two different items would have reduced two fuel flows to two similar values on both engines...
Terribly sorry for being so rude old chap, but ten and a half tons is not a low fuel configuration in my book. Plenty of 777s fly around happily with less than that. I wasn't suggesting that the debris found caused the accident, just pointing out that the contents of the fuel tanks has been given a thorough examination. If there was no fuel in the tanks, or less than the gauges indicated, they would have figured it out, I promise you.

I can't explain how the accident happened, but then neither can the AAIB at the moment and they do this for a living. They are not stupid or corrupt, if the answer was simple, like low fuel or contaminated fuel, they would have told us on day 1.