PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Report Writing Question
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2008, 18:25
hello1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Civi ROs

Having seen a bundle of reports with one or more civi RO in the chain, my advice is to include an indication that you are a former Serviceman. Putting B1 (Sqn Ldr Retd) might be a bit tacky and it may be better to include something along the lines of 'during my 58 years in the Service'.

Unfortunately my experience of reading the rubbish written by many civi ROs means that the average promotion board is likely to view you as another of a very poor breed unless you subtly make clear that you are not. Posters above might make the assumption that this should not the case but I suspect that they have not had exposure to some of what is written by 1, 2 and 3ROs. The post above is absolutely right, make sure it is about the subject and not you. And under no circumstances offer an exceptional recommendation for promotion unless you can honestly say that the subject is in the top handful of his current rank. A handful is somewhat less than 50 in this respect.

Thank you for posting; I know that some civi ROs do actually care but then you aren't really a civi yet if this is how you approach your reporting responsibilities.