PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - [ATPL] Bristol Ground School -vs-Bournemouth Commercial Flight Training
Old 19th Feb 2008, 18:00
Savage_UK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[ATPL] Bristol Ground School -vs-Bournemouth Commercial Flight Training

Hi

I'm shortly starting a modular ATPL distance learning course and have narrowed it down to a choice between two providers: BGS and BCFT. Have spoken to both and they sound equally knowledgeable, friendly and able to get me through the training (am ICAO CPL/MEIR holder, 300+ hrs having to do conversion training for JAR licence).

Realise there are a number of responses bestowing the virtues of both schools on PPRuNe but wondered whether anyone had any direct comparisons or pros/cons for each they would care to share:

Also couple of things that I'd welcome views on:

1) Cost difference for the ATPL modular. It seems £2100 vs £1762 respectively. The only big difference I can see is the additional software that BGS offers. Is it worth the extra £450...? Or is there something else I'm missing?

2) It seems that Bournemouth may have the better flying facilities, sim, I/R training etc. Is there any benefit for doing both the ATPL study and flight training in the same place (ie. from an employer's point of view).

3) Am planning a visit to both schools to get the "feel" of the place, but general thoughts on either welcomed with regards to class size, instructor availability, flying conditions/congestion and general attitude of each place.

Many, many thanks in advance.