PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Starting a helicopter Aoc
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2008, 17:24
nigelh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
why you would want to put yourself through all that grief just so some caa suit can come and find something at fault ( ie your fire drill not being signed in triplicate etc)is beyond me I believe a helicopter company can do a lot better without an aoc by keeping overheads down , therefore keeping prices down . There is always more than one way of skinning a cat AND keeping legal . Having an aoc now puts you at a huge disadvantage to all the other guys out there doing leases quite happily and legally . And yes , i do have it in writing from the caa before you start tutting and making out that it is a "grey area " and yes , my insurance company are also quite happy thankyou Less and less is now being done by aoc,s and i now know of many WITH aoc,s who chose to conduct more and more flights as Private due to the idiotic workings of the caa.....
How about a thread on the daftest things people have had to do to keep within the caa laws ...
1) How about having to fill in details of all hours flown , incl private, for the whole year just because you have done 1 flight for an aoc ?!!