PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boozing on board?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2001, 16:25
Land After

Question Boozing on board?

As a regular piece of SLF, there’s nothing I like more than to relax on the flight home with a G&T or Glass of wine or two. If it’s a long flight, this may stretch to three. Similarly, on a long haul flight I may partake of a G&T, wine with the meal and maybe a digestive before settling into a movie or a peaceful sleep. Prior to boarding I may even have sipped a beer in the lounge! The result of this imbibing: a relaxed, quiet and definitely not drunk pax.

Now we have U.S. Senator Dianne Feinstein seeking to impose a two drink limit on travelers in US Airlines. Am I alone in liking a drink on the plane? Do the other pieces of SLF want to continue with this pleasant way to pass the time?

I appreciate the need to stop drunkenness in flight and understand that it is a major contributor to air rage. The question is how best to control the problem without these draconian measures? Would SLF stop using American Carriers if they couldn’t get a drink? Could this push some nervous pax over the edge now that nicotine has been withdrawn? Has anyone experienced a drunk on board & have any ideas how it could be avoided?

What do you want as "regulars" on you "local" flight?