PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Congratulations to Crew - BA038 777 @ LHR
Old 19th Feb 2008, 11:16
FCAcrewboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It was not just the CSD, FO's or the Captain who should have been reconised. The CABIN crew got all those PAX out in 90seconds, a fantastic achievement, I know its what we are all trained for but its still brillaint stuff!

The CSD clearly looked shaken up on the interview with the captain & FO, We all thought the Captain landed the plane until it was annoced it was the FO. No-one actually knows what went on it that Cabin, Maybe a Junior crew member with a years experience initated the whole evacutation? Only the Crew on the flight will ever know.

I do however agree that the press intrusion may be extreme and uncomfortable for people who just do the job they get paid for....and i assume the decision was made within BA to only let the CSD do the interview to show the senority with the flight deck and allow the crew the chance to step-back from the situation.

I remember a situation at FCA last year when a baby was delivered, the aircraft diverted into LGW but the FS was the only crew member to get reconised and recieve a PRIDE OF BRITAIN award. I dont dispute that the FS maintained the babies airway and saved its life, but surely we are a team, no matter what, there is no way she did it on her own...

Cabin crew are regularly slated and stories like these get pushed under the carpet all too quickly-Yeah its what we get paid for, and train for but doesnt mean we arent human too...Cabin crew are not robots, and deserve some reconision for the work we do...its just a shame no0one realises until a B777 crash lands....