PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK - Bonus is reduced this year!
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2008, 10:56
Marooned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The 5 stages of Emirates:

1-Denial-"this can't be happening to me - 6 months-1 year: I gave up a reasonable job in my home country with reasonable prospects to come out here. The recruiters told me how brilliant it will be and how well respected and treated we would be. I told my wife and kids how great it would be...no, no it’ll be alright…

2-Anger-"why me?" 1 - 1.5 years: Now the honeymoon is over and the fatigue has set in. Rosters are crap and I didn’t get all the leave I requested. And where is all the money going? I thought we’d at least have enough to cover the mortgage back home as it won’t rent and stuff here is getting more and more expensive... Command date has been postponed again; DECs, training issues leading to delayed orders have put it off for a while.

3-Bargaining. 2 - 3 years: It must get better, there are too many of us getting shafted. I’ll write to Ed, better still TCAS, I’ll even vent a bit on PPRUNE and see if I’m the only one feeling like this…

4- . Depression-overwhelming feelings of hopelessness, frustration, bitterness, self pity, mourning. 4+ years: Been here a few years now and nothing has changed, well it has; it’s only got worse!

5-Acceptance-there is a difference between resignation and acceptance. Should I stay or should I go? Stay, accept it all and come to terms with it or find a decent job, even one with taxes, and get the hell out of here… Getting out won't be easy though, provident fund has sunk with the dollar and didn't have enough on arrival to risk putting it into property here (). Back to stage 2 for a while.

EK, Keep Recovering.

Last edited by Marooned; 19th Feb 2008 at 11:16.