PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mega Merged: AsA ATC staffing levels
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2008, 07:42
Maggott17

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It sounds like it is time to hit Senator O'Brien with the RIGHT QUESTIONS and the anticipated WRONG ANSWERS from the Airservices management that are endangering the travelling public with their inept management of an enthusiastic bunch of ATC's who have kept the system going for so many years, despite the WORST efforts of IDIOTS such as DMW, TFN and now JH trying to protect their "at risk" component of their salary.

QUESTION 1.
Why aren't their enough controllers to provide the legislated 24 hour protection of international airline traffic as per Australia's signature to the ICAO agreements?

Anticipated answer.
The last lot of managers failed to put enough students through the ACADEMY.

REAL ANSWERS.
JH: If I keep the necessary number of controllers to make the system work, I won't get my full pay and my wife will have to cut back on her necessary makeup, give back her black SAAB and drive the kids to school in a Hyundia. I couldn't handle the responsibility of SAFETY and sleep at night so I jumped into the GM ATC role to ensure I get my bonus.

DMW: TFN made me an offer I couldn't refuse. Cut the number of controllers or lose the chance of NATIONAL PARTY membership.

TFN: John Anderson appointed me to make more profit out of aviation for the government. Anyone can be a controller so just ramp up the Academy every five years or so and that will fix it. If you ATCs do as I say, then I will get a bonus and NATIONAL PARTY preselection. Don't argue just do it. I will be ok.