PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What age is too old to be a VIP F/A?! Only honest replies pls!
Old 19th Feb 2008, 07:40
mooguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What age is too old to be a VIP F/A?! Only honest replies pls!

Hi All

I am interested in getting back into VIP/Corporate flying after a hiatus of almost 3 years........... does anyone know of any companies hiring, heard something about Arabsco....

I did a lot of work, 2 years with former PM of Lebanon, then Jet Aviation Zurich-also freelanced with a cupla operators on good money-you name it I did it!

I live in Sydney and have both an Australian and Irish passport and am willing to relocate. I am 41, and despite being energetic and experienced, I am gonna ask the hard question here-is 41 too old to be trying to re-forge a career in private aviation?

I had not anticipated wishing to return to the industry at my age, however due to a marital breakdown, Im now at a bit of a loss, the related jobs I go for here in sydney just are not happening....and work in a high brow book store just doesnt really cut the mustard!

When I worked in VIP, I mainly really enjoyed it, though hated the all too frequent dirty politics which inevitably came with the territory. I always just wanted to work hard, and play hard and went sick only 2 days in almost 5 yrs of VIP flying. I always felt you could be in a job one day, and gone the next, and that even the younger girls were dispensable. Then I got quite burned out, prior to meeting my husband, the job I did at the time I then had to quit from, as one could'nt be married and fly at the same time in that particular comp.

To anyone who replies, hey, I appreciate honesty, honestly! I just hear the VIP world everywhere is getting more and more cut-throat, mind you I was hearing that almost 10 years ago too.......

Ps-Hope I didnt bore you all too much!