PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA038 (B777) Thread
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2008, 04:29
CONF iture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
** a maintenance message indicating excessive water in the center tank was set during taxi on the two previous flight legs, although it cleared itself both times **
** the crew now believes they opened the valves just prior to impact **
** the crew now believes they turned the APU on prior to impact **
** A preliminary review of the EEC data from the right engine shows erratic combustor inlet pressure (P30) **
Troy W … was it only diversion from your friend or was it real leaks or other controlled rumors by THE WSJ ???

… I still expect AAIB would have mentioned any of that … !?

But to be honest I was waiting for a little bit more after 30 days:

-- From FL110 to FL90 in 5 min … surprising they didn’t need any slight thrust increase for that period … How did the engines react ?

-- I know they maintained maybe for a few hours 3000 ft above the planned FL and therefore were probably closer to the optimum, but still they had to hold an extra 5 min, so how to explain they managed to save an impressive 5% on the planned fuel burn ?
Was BA flight planning so much way out, or is there anything else … ?

-- What does mean “The FO took control for the landing at a height of approximately 780 ft”
did he just come back from a pee … or the CPT fell incapacitate … ?

Anyway … “The recorded data indicates that there were no anomalies in the major aircraft systems” … and fuel was not an issue … but still, 100% of the engines refused almost simultaneously to produce the requested thrust ........................................?