PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Poor inflight meals on BA -LHR to GLA
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2001, 22:27
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 64 Likes on 52 Posts
LCY to GLA? = Yes. Scot Airways.
At the LCY website, check 'Schedules': http://www.londoncityairport.com/

I have been doing LTN / EDI for the last seven months and have done some 14 trips with EZY. I have also gone from LHR, one BA and two BD.

EZY gets my vote, although I am biased as the field is only 11 miles from home! But they work well, they go to GLA about six times a day as well. I do not normally eat on the flights, due to other factors but it is fine when I do. The tea is very good! Not cheap but certainly good. I do not drink coffee but it must have something going for it as it smells very strong. (yuk)

BA - I got the 'food bag' and it was fine, I was in Y and have had a lot, lot worse, like Deutsch BA from MUC to LGW! Never again on that sub-carrier.

BD, on both occasions I was in C and got good food. The breakfast was the best. However, the evening food was rather too exotic for my taste. I appreciate that the folks are trying to impress and give variety but fancy pasta and Italian sauces or a spicy thing on the other occasion - are no use to me! They do serve lovely little tubs of high quality ice cream in C, as well.

If I had to go regularly from LHR? BD.

Incidentally, I also agree with FPF. The fares are very poor value for money and the food is a sop to us. They know that the profit is worth a lot more than the £3 (or whatever) per meal in Y that they allow!

But if you want poor value for money:miles AND non-food, try Manx. Once Airlines of GB dropped them it has been getting steadily worse. Now that they are part of BRAL ... but that's a rant for another board!

[ 12 August 2001: Message edited by: PAXboy ]