PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA038 (B777) Thread
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2008, 23:02
NSEU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is the crew supposed to retract the added comments they made about it ?
In light of the first reports, I took the last report to indicate that, prior to the event (during the normal part of flight down to 700'), the crossfeeds were not activated.
As previously discussed, the 777 SOP for low fuel is to open one crossfeed. The Captain may have suspected low fuel. And two sources are better than one (electrically, too, it seems... cf spar valve comments in the report).

Re the comments about seals....
The fuel is being pumped from the tanks under pressure (by wing tank pumps). Any leaks in seals are going to put fuel to atmosphere, not air to fuel lines. The wing pumps were working normally.

Re the comments about foreign objects being in the tanks being put there by maintenance...
Not diverting attention away from maintenance, but how big are the filters (if there are any) on the refuel bowsers?
Also, I've never been inside the tanks of a 777... Just wondering how big the screens are on the pump inlets (frying pan size?).

I'd love to know what caused this...I've been having similar problems with my car for weeks... and can't figure out whether it's the ECU or fuel flow (coincidentally, I found a plastic foreign object under the pump inlet.... the problem still there after removing it, however)