PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Heli - Plane Mid Air, Kapiti.
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2008, 22:18
prospector

zkdli,
I have had dealings with CAA over safety issues at PP aerodrome.

Weekend Warrior states

"I was waiting for someone to ask that - no I didn't. It's not worth the trouble.
Firstly, without a impartial observer (ie Flight Service or ATC), it boils down to my word against theirs. I don't need to get into a slanging match."

The following was received in answer to a query as to why the rules were still written to cover PP in CAA Part 93 Subpart E Paraparaumu Airport and had not been amended after flight service officers had been gone for some 9 years.

And this is the part of the reply, I kid you not.

" CAA is currently waiting for a legal opinion on the meaning of "Touch and Go", at the moment the only definition in CAR part 1 rules in this area is one for "taxi'.
Until we have a legal opinion on the meaning of whether a touch and go is either a landing or a take-off, or both, (as you know when instructing or being instructed,we were taught the landing is not completed until the aircraft has come to a stop) CAA will be holding off taking any action about enforcing compliance to Rule Part 93 Subpart E on the touch and go issue."

After my dealings I would say a minimum of three impartial observers are required as a minimum.