PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK - 5
Thread: CORK - 5
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2008, 21:38
en2r

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, it seems to me now that Cork is being singled out in the ATC dispute by both sides of the arguement. I guess Cork must be the smallest ATC station for the IAA so is it the most vulnerable if on top of short staffing, holidays etc the place is then crippled all together if a controller calls in sick or is otherwise unavailable for duties?
Tom did you not hear about Dublin being closed on Saturday night from 11.30PM until 6.30 on Sunday morning? Also Shannon had a similiar period of 'restricted flights' on Thursday evening like Cork will have tomorrow. I presume this means that there is probably only 1 Air Traffic controller working, so they won't be able to deal with a large number of flights departing/arriving at the same time.

As for Warsaw, unusually for when a route is axed, Cork-Warsaw has not disappeared from the Aer Lingus booking system. Instead a message comes up saying the service has been discontinued. Perhaps they have plans to relaunch it? I'd rate it a very strong candidate for a return in October at the start of the winter schedule, as I doubt that they'll want to run a daily Malaga during the winter. Or perhaps if Cork gets the new aircraft due in June it could return then.