PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK - 5
Thread: CORK - 5
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2008, 21:30
Tom the Tenor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, it seems to me now that Cork is being singled out in the ATC dispute by both sides of the arguement. I guess Cork must be the smallest ATC station for the IAA so is it the most vulnerable if on top of short staffing, holidays etc the place is then crippled all together if a controller calls in sick or is otherwise unavailable for duties?

Though even I would not want to admit to ever being over fanciful about Cork's super, duper airport status at it's best Cork is hardly in the Heathrow or Frankfurt stakes in terms of arrivals and departures so what is exactly the issue for Cork tomorrow? What kind of restrictions are we looking at here?

Why the heck are some of the ATC management not current in terms of their licences etc? Too busy managing to keep current is it? I can tell you that I have heard all this 5h!te too before.

As if Cork did not have enough to contend with - someone complained that I am a bit negative - well, losing BUD, WRO, WAW in just five to six weeks is pretty woeful in my book - filling PIK and EMAs flights is all very well but compared to losing the quality of flights from main European capitals like Budapest and Warsaw all that is being done with PIK and EMA is giving in to the lowest common denominator.

It is too easy to play that ol' game - any mug can do that.