PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MoD fury as Brown wields axe
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2008, 18:20
Beatriz Fontana

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RETDPI,

I must take issue with you.

At the end of the day, the elected government takes the decision on where the money goes. Yes, the grey suits may make recommendations, but the minister of a government department has to approve it via the paperwork. That was one thing that Yes Minister (and Prime Minister) actually left out.

Believe me, I've been there, done that, and have been tainted by the system. But the Brown government can no longer lament back to the Conservatives. How long is the average project cycle? Ten years? Labour have been in power for eleven years. That's an awful long time in politics.

And if terrorists strike London, The Masked Geek, that would be an issue for the Home Office first off. We could debate all day as to whether intervention in, say, Afghanistan for sake of argument, could've prevented an attack. That's one argument I don't fancy getting in to tonight, thanks.

GPMG - the Navy remark was a little below the belt, my friend...

I know some great pubs. When the police marched on parliament last month, no one could get near the bar!! Count me in on the march, and I'd bring friends, too.

Last edited by Beatriz Fontana; 18th Feb 2008 at 19:28. Reason: Making the rant even rantier. If there is such a word. Which there isnt.