PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA038 (B777) Thread
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2008, 17:27
infrequentflyer789

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hand Solo
Yes it is secondary, although it does have survivability aspects for the accident. For clarification I wasn't intending to suggest they contributed to the crash.
I think this might end up needing to be clarified a lot , even though the report also specifically says "This was not causal to the accident". Unfortunately it says that in normal type right before the big highlighted box with the safety recommendation in.

Since this is about the only clear conclusion and the only recommendation in the report, I expect it will get a fair bit of press attention and become causal in some peoples minds.

In terms of the rest of it, I'm with the poster who commented on the sound of head scratching. Even the comments on the cavitation damage to the pumps don't sound very confident (as if it might turn out to be a non-issue).

One thing that suprises me slightly is that the report says essentially nothing about flight crew actions (beyond moving the thrust levers) - there's been lots of speculation about whether they changed flap settings etc., none of which is answered in this report. I wonder if they think the crew actions are just not relevant to reveal at this point, or if there is still some uncertainty in that area.