PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Traffic Controllers Jumpseating at your airline?
Old 18th Feb 2008, 16:22
CDN_ATC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[quote[CDN ATC

Highly difficult to get fam flights within Canada. I have a good friend who is a B767 captain with Air Canada. He arranged with Air Canada a fam flight for me on a trip he was flying. NAV Canada gave permission, my ID was accepted and Air Canada were happy....then at the last minute Transport Canada stepped in and said no it was unacceptable!

I found this quite unbelievable especially as the airline had said it was fine AND I was being personally vouched for by the captain and had a genuine interest in being in the jumpseat as I work at YYZ. You'd think Transport Canada would be the last ones who would have a problem given the level of security clearance I had![/quote]

I'm more interested in how TC even heard about it? Unless they just happened to be doing a checks at that particular time and with that particular flight! You say NavCanada gave you permission, do you work for NavCan? Even if you did it's none of their business.