PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2008, 09:03
Seldomfitforpurpose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"And still zilch from anyone on ARS6 modules – must be super secret, eh?"

No Walter the reason for the above statement is the equipment you mention, or any similar equipment has no bearing on this case and it is you who simply cannot see or, which is even sadder accept that fact.

I spent the first 15 years of my service life as an avionics technician so I speak with some authority when I tell you that the notion of the equipment you mention being secretly fitted under the noses of all those involved with maintaining ZD576 is simply preposterous.

If you also honestly believe that the only 4 people who had knowledge of what you are suggesting perished in this accident then you are indeed living in cloud cuckoo land.

The paper and knowledge trail for what you suggest would have been fairly extensive. The equipment, unless you are now implying it was some sort of hand held device that only the crew knew about, would have needed fitting to the aircraft. This would have involved technicians to install it and at minimum the JENGO to sign off the relevant section of the Form 700.

If the scenario you suggest took place then the authorising officer for this sortie would have known as would the executive chain through to Sqn Cdr and probably higher. Bearing in mind the close knit community that SF is it is almost certain that other team members would have also been aware.

With this many people being involved I cannot begin imagine what odds Ladbrokes would offer that NOT ONE person has ever come forward to offer any corroborating evidence to support your theory.

In this day and age there is no such thing as a secret and we witness this daily with revelation after revelation being flashed before our eyes on Sky news and the like about the shenanigans in the very highest corridors of power. Human nature being what it is we all like to "share" information and if you still believe that not a hint of what you propose has ever been leaked over the many years since the crash.................

Whats suddenly struck home is the realisation that I have just wasted 20 minutes of my life offering you a sound and rational argument as to why you are wrong. I know that as sure as the sun comes up in the morning you will continue to rant about "secret seals" and the like for ever more as a sound of mind person would by now have taken the hint.

Walter this thread has been graced by some of the most professional and informed folk the military aviation community has and not one of those folk has offered even the tiniest crumb of support to you so surely it's time for you to accept the blindingly obvious and move on.