PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK - Bonus is reduced this year!
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2008, 07:51
ekpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trend...

Morooned I agree and that's what I mean.

After all it's about business, and money. That's why i came here. The thing is the downward trend in T&C. A beggar would be happy with any bonus or profit share. We are being paid for a certain job. We have a contract. The formula was clearly laid out and it has changed... PERIOD. Just like that. It's not about being grateful or "happy". It's about respecting a contract. Especially about PROFITS. They're should be no problem of respecting an agreement when it comes to profit. I can understand that during hard times you can reduce T&C for the benefit of everyone. But EK has never made more profits than the last couple of years. So the bonus this year will be reduced. The 2006-2007 bonus/profit share was 4.5 weeks = a certain amount of money based on how much you have earned for that financial year. This year will be less money based on what you have earned. Why do you think they've introduced the flight pay? Because they want to give you less money for the work you do. That's productivity... Nobody was complaining about the basic salary being our only revenue. If at least the flight pay would be the actual flight time we do... no, no schedule flight time. Think productivity always.

What is in store for this year? Watch and see. They did not do that CRS changed for safety only... They will come up with some way of you thinking you had an increase of income. But actually you will have to work 20% more to get 15% more money at the end of the financial year 2008-2009. That's what they have been doing to us on all aspect of our contract. They are in a position to do it. Now if they keep doing this again and again, only beggars will be left around here. All others who can will go to places where they respect the contract they agreed on.

Keep discovering

Last edited by ekpilot; 18th Feb 2008 at 07:54. Reason: typo