PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aus Customs
Thread: Aus Customs
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2008, 06:39
Whiskey Oscar Golf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have no real problem with being quizzed by Customs, tells me they are doing their job and that's good for all of us. It might be an inconvenience and take time but hopefully people who do bad things get pulled up.

I went through Malpensa in Milan recently and Emirates typically lost my wife's and my luggage ( they went to Rome then Dubai and back again, a regular occurrance according to family ). We hung about for a day then went back to the terminal the next day to pick up our bags.

As we were leaving the terminal expecting a typical Australian style Customs workover, I walked up to 2 uniformed gents who were chatting away looking disinterested in everything and asked where I would go to clear customs. Annoyed that I'd interrupted their conversation he pointed to the exit sign that led to the outside world and started chatting to his mate again. Now I know it's europe with porous borders but it was pretty funny that there was no care at all. Ahh the Italian way of doing things, calm, then manic, then calm, job's done.

Anyone else got any strange/funny customs stories?