PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantaslink Hiring Policy.......false advertising
Old 17th Feb 2008, 20:34
lil_blueberry

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the replies......

Ideal line............. - criminal he is not..... thanks for the implication..........

Summarizing again...... he is over it....., its a fact worth sharing, he now works somewhere that makes him happy..... and pilots should know about it to make there own decision..... If you read the posts i have put here clearly you can deduce that........

Also, I agree, it is fine for a company to have their policy...... but its stupid to not include the nessasary policy in the 'minimum criteria'...... the criteria only states that you should be eligible for an ASIC card...once again that was explained in the original post....so if DOTARS/CASA can award the ASIC card to my collegue then gee, hidden policy is being applied and not revealed to the candidate.

I dont think entry to other countries is a problem as he has travelled extensively.....

Dont reply to this thread if there will be personal judgements of character as all the facts are not known to you and wont be divuldged here..... .....As stated in earlier posts it wasnt a violent crime or drunk thing.... quite trivial and resulted in a fine only...... Sorry guys thats all the info you will get unless posted by the actual person (who is not a member of pprune......... and sometimes I can see why)

Just be aware...once again, the point of this thread is to make you aware of the posssible implications of a police history. Also that you may or maynot be o.k even if your outside of the 10year period (spent conviction)....... remember the not revealed policy!

Thanks......

"Knowledge + action = power"