View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2008, 18:57
Logistics Loader

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mail

SBG...
I read and digest your comment "there was space for a few bags of mail"

Therein lies part of the problem.

Mail is "issued" as a consignment ie 30 bags. Mail is not rountinely split just to get it to where it needs to be...

Would you be happy with only 1 part or 2 parts of a 4 part IKEA flat pack...
I think not....!!
Whilst i always agree Morale in the form of letters is far better than an Ebluey...sadly you do have to make do at times....

The saga of BFPO waiting 6wks i think stems from the fact parcels as i already stated are loaded to the AT Fleet on a fill up basis as they are technically Surface Travel only...!!! If spare capacity is available after Ammo/rations/aircraft spares/forces airmail then they will be loaded.

Hoobie..

Similar probs exist with BFPO 808....
If you requested a PCB from smithiesparks.com to BFPO it wouldnd arrive, but using your AMQ address worked... How could a government dept like BFPO make money...?? RAF owned aircraft !! service personnel carrying out the postie tasks/movers loading unloading mail....raf crews flying it round the world with AAC crews also delivering it...

NavAttack:

How many times have you seen the cheapest option being used and it all goes Pete Tong ??

The problem from your reply was that the MOD were to blame...!! Spot on mate...they created "free parcels" , emphasis on parcels....!!!
See my earlier comments re parcels... therein is the problem..

Yes the BFPO system aint great, what in Forces life is these days ??
Pay being screwed up !!!
Det times getting closer together !!!
Promotion SH 1 T !!

Maybe the Dutch have it sorted... go on Strike !!!

If my pay is stuffed up, simple i dont work til its sorted...

At worst they send you to MCTC in colchester....
Upside , No det, comfy bed, mod cons ......