PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MoD fury as Brown wields axe
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2008, 13:56
Krystal n chips
Thought police antagonist

Location: Where I always have been...firmly in the real world
Received 123 Likes on 88 Posts
Whilstn there is a very valid justification for the condemnation of the tertiary level sub protozoans in the MoD and Gov't,and I hate to sound negative here, but engendering the great British public to support the UK Mil ain't going to happen.

Why ?....well once the "darling boys" escalated their campaign to the UK mainland..and everybody stopped wearing uniform in public, so did the public stop realising we have Military personnel....most only see the Mil in terms of Trooping the Colour, Reds, SAR Helo's and unless they live near a Mil base, service personnel are unlikely to feature in the publics lives. A distinct lack of PR at times also compounds the problem re public awareness of the Mil functions....and of course they have other, more important concerns..like the football and "strictly come reguritated ham actors" etc...there is also one more issue shortly to hit home..it's called a recession and credit crunch..fiscal hardship for many looms....so the chances of the Mil getting even a glimmer of support are virtually nil.... The Great Leader and his acolytes...and all those sweet young things with their PPE's employed in "policy" units are divorced from reality..but they ain't that stupid when it comes to assessing the interests of Joe Public. Which is why, sadly, I feel the cuts will happen..and by then of course..it will be to late.