PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fugro 406 Crash in Entebbe
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2008, 13:32
MungoP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr Simon Ejua probably has to take his shoes and socks off before attempting to count to 20... a/c climbed to 1500 mtrs ... then managed to crash half way down the runway.. (sorry, I forget... does this model have an afterburner ? )...

"The necessary remedial actions will be undertaken to avoid re-occurrence of similar accidents in future".
So.. we can expect someone from the Ugandan CAA to arrive in the cockpit before taxi clearance and inspect our trim settings ?

Basically this 'report' can be summed up as "We haven't got a clue what happened but whatever it was it's not our fault ".

An eye-witness report quoted earlier reported that the a/c took off normally but then climbed steeply "like a fighter-jet" before nosing over and crashing back onto the runway... If that report is at all accurate it sounds as though the HS trim might have been fully aft.. or a CofG problem arose.

Having spent many years operating survey a/c I know that whenever we position somewhere we're loaded to the gills with a myriad of equipment all of which has to be tightly secured... My initial thought was that maybe something heavy came loose after rotation and moved aft....

With this BS report as final we'll probably never know... Africa Wins Again.