PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MoD fury as Brown wields axe
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2008, 09:44
Chugalug2

Received 236 Likes on 72 Posts
Chugalug2 and I had a minor (gentlemanly) scuffle on one of the other threads this evening,
Very gentlemanly Tigs, as one would expect, but as I too learned a valuable lesson it was time well spent.

Action this day? I would suggest a two pronged attack. Frontal assault on HMG who, if indifferent to their obligations to the Defence of the Realm and to HM Forces, are very sensitive to being outed for same (witness climb down re Mr Pun VC in which you played some large part I recall ) Flanking attack to turn HM's Loyal Opposition from present expediency based inaction to one of doing their job, ie opposing this bunch of power obsessed crooks! As Tuc reminds us, the biggest foe by far is the MOD. Any campaign to reverse the continual defence cutbacks must go hand in hand with a demand for root and branch reform of the Ministry of Waste. With your indulgence Tigs, I once again publish the site that puts you in direct contact with your MPs and ensures that they follow up on your message to them, or marks them down for not doing so.
http://www.theyworkforyou.com/
Despite our little tiff I still believe in Democracy. It is in truth all that we have, so use it or lose it!