PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where are we really going with the IMC rating?
Old 17th Feb 2008, 07:38
IO540

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And as for throwing rocks, Keef, I am sorry - truly - that there is discord. However, the guy at my airfield who said to me yesterday that - despite being a perfect candidate for it, in terms of usage and profile - he wouldn't be taking up an IMC because someone he knew had seen on PPruNe that it was definitely a dead duck - makes me angry, and those who propagate this crap deserve all they get ...
I agree. I think this is why a good number of us are still on here banging on about these issues: to try to counter the constant flow of disinformation, in case some "outsider" casually drops in and manages to read it.

The value of the debate between most of the people on here has fallen to zero long ago.

Countering disinformation is alone a worthwhile cause. I know a man who was told (by somebody in the UK CAA, no less) that he could fly a G-reg on an FAA PPL only in the UK; he sold the plane on the basis of that advice.....