PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus Simulator Hints/Tricks/Tips
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2008, 05:31
Bruce Waddington

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sumfingwong,

You ask, "With a STATUS page requiring APP PROC's to be determined, do you 'interrupt' the flow of the ECAM and work it out then and there or do you finish the STATUS and come back to the performance calcs at a more convenient time ?"

Our procedures are to complete the ECAM prior to reaching for the QRH. This includes the procedure and the entire STATUS review. Only after announcing "ECAM actions completed." would we refer to the QRH for additional information such as speed increments, landing configuration and distance .

The Evaluators (Check Pilots) and Simulator Instructors tell me that the things that are most often done incorrectly in the simulator are the engine failure in cruise, hold entries, go-arounds and ECAM discipline. These are all relatively simple items but seem to get botched on a regular basis.

My Scottish Presbyterian Grandmother told me as a young boy, "Son, if you had time to fix it, you had time to do it right the first time." That is great advice for any aircraft (or simulator), but particularly the Airbus family.

best regards,

Bruce Waddington

Last edited by Bruce Waddington; 18th Feb 2008 at 15:34.