PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mail not getting through on Ops
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2008, 22:01
nav attacking

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zulu Mike

Technically the eblueys should be printed off at a location near to the address at which it is intended. At least that what was advertised when the system was set up. I suspect that yet again the MOD has up a system that could be much simpler and better. Lets face it most people have e-mail these days.

However, the receipt of a handwritten letter from loved ones means so much more and is probably the best moral boosting thing that can happen to anyone on the ground.

Being ex navy I remember that mail-runs to the ship were given the highest priority as a way of keeping moral up. It was a good excuse for the WAFUs to get to shore before the rest of the crew just to pick up the mail anyway.

Maybe the MOD needs to remember the idea of Best Practice and not just go for the cheapest option all of the time. We all know that if you want something to last or mean something you don't always buy from cheapest bidder. Unfortunately the accountants seem to know the cost of everything and not the value of anything! I suspect that BFPO has gone down the same route!!