PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Women Pilots
Thread: Women Pilots
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2008, 18:55
Luke SkyToddler

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
^^^^ That was Mrs SkyToddler that mad_jock's referring to, and SkyToddler junior is expected any day now.

My wife's been flying commercially for about 3 years now, me for about 12. I'm currently flying the A330 and she's on the Jetstream. Obviously she's not medically fit at the moment and she has to take a bit of time off now to give the little fella a head start in life, but we have every plan and expectation that within a year or so she'll be back in the driver's seat. To be honest I've pretty much gotten over the whole big-jet head trip myself, and I'm more than happy to take a gap year or two and do the house husband thing when she decides it's time to go back flying. Or, if we can go back to smaller aircraft on a part time roster and fly together like back in the old days that'd be fantastic as well. I have to say there's no chance of both of us working long-haul-big-jets from what I've seen of the lifestyle so far.

Obviously there's a certain element of making sacrifices for the other one, but we work as a team and we'll both have more than our fair share of fun out of this aviation thing before we're finished