PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New rostering rules at EK
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2008, 18:02
mini cooper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cadidalhopper - dude (if that's the term to use) you have way missed the point. All these little things and not so little things add up. Yes guys will threaten to leave, a few will, many are looking for other jobs at this moment. Eventually everyone gets to the point where they have had enough of the back stabbing, decreasing pay (in real terms with spiralling inflation - 36% at last look), changes in rostering, increasing levels of fatigue, lack of management support, bonus not reflecting profit made by company, lack of leave, pitiful pay rises no matching inflation, lack of communication between managment and pilots, decreasing morale etc etc. The list grows by the day.

As for the bonus I have almost reached the point of apathy, unfortunately as much as I would like it to be a good bonus and be followed by a good pay rise I know that it will not be what we expect, it will not be what we want, it will be considerably lower, lots of cabin crew will leave, flight crew morale wil drop further, more guys will get the 'who gives a sh*t' attitude, more guys will call sick. The spiral downwards will contuinue, managment will keep their heads firmly stuck in the sand believing we are the best.

PS Why have I not left - I am waiting until my kids leave school then I'm off, I stay purely for stability for them, no other reason - I get job offers regularly. However this rostering change is getting me very close to leaving, I will have to see how it works out for me!!!