PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus Simulator Hints/Tricks/Tips
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2008, 17:58
A4

Ut Sementem Feeceris

Received 156 Likes on 32 Posts
Secondary Pitch during EFATO

1. A common one this. During EFATO, the back pressure on the sidestick is not released to neutral as "Normal Law - Flight Mode" blends in from "Ground Mode". So at approx 100'RA with the sidestick firmly held in the "rotate" position, Normal Law interprets this as a "G" load demand and will increase pitch accordingly! This results in a speed decay below V2 unless it is caught very quickly. So..... REMEMBER to release the back pressure on the sidestick as the laws blend..or else you'll be doing it again!

2. I also recommend the use of TOGA if you are close to performance limit (hot/high/heavy/low QNH) - of course certification suggests that you will safely climb away remaining in FLX but...... I prefer to have as much perfomance as I can when close to the ground and other factors are against me.

3. ECAM DISCIPLINE. PF controls the pace that ECAM is actioned and PNF actions accordingly without swamping or leaving the PF behind - who is probably working hard concentrating on flying / navigating / communicating. DONT RUSH ECAM!!! Read it, understand what it is asking, and the implications of what you are about to do. Treat each individual failure as a chapter in a book i.e. finish one chapter before going on to the next. i.e. complete ENG 1 - FAIL by CLRing before looking at ENG 1 - START VALVE FAULT and so on. Complete the ECAM through to removing STATUS before applying GRADE/DODAR - you can always pull the STATUS PAGE back during you GRADE/DODAR.

4. Don't get bogged down with minuti details - you've probably got LAND ASAP in amber or red - so get on with it, but don't cut gig corners.

5. Enjoy it, learn from your mistakes and leave the session feeling you have improved!!!!!!

A4