PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where are we really going with the IMC rating?
Old 16th Feb 2008, 17:21
DFC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bose,

If you have nothing further to debate then why attack a person?

This is typical of the bully boy attitude often found here - can't argue the point any further so then start describing other posters as "a fool, a liar and cheat".

Unfortunately those comments simply say notihing about Fuji and more about you.

------------

IO540,

You are 100% correct. Was not trying to score a point but was pointing out that I held those views prior to certain accidents such as those described which could have turned out differently if some unfortunates had followed my position on such situations.

---------

EnglishAl,

I was afraid you were going to say that.

The AIP as a legal text is clear with regard to notifications regarding the absolute lowest DA(H) and MDA(H) to be used by IMCrating holders as well as recomended additions.

Do you think that a German regulator will look at such use of IR minima by non-IR holders and say that is a good idea or even say that those pilots are not simply using the rating in an unintended manner and use that as a reason for giving German pilots such a rating.

IMC rating holders need to be on their best behaviour while the debate rages and nothing could be more damaging than giving the detractors some indication that the rating encourages pilots to operate beyond the uses for which the rating is provided.

Regards,

DFC