PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cadet programs??
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2008, 15:10
BusinessMan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Likewise, MEA only Lebanese nationals

Tu144, the thing you've probably twigged by now is that we are all saying "Check the airlines website's for yourself " but what I'd add to that is to do it regularly because things change fast and certainly many of the UK schemes are often only open for applications for a couple of weeks a year (NJE being an exception), often with little warning.

I'd also say it's worth finding out who the big training providers are (and contacting them) in your country because they often run the selection and sometimes control the ab-initio routes into those firms who do take 200hr cadets. Certainly in Europe there are a proportion of low-hour jobs which go via recommendations processes from the primary training establishments.

Lastly, cadet schemes (few that they are) are not the only way into the industry. Have a read around the other threads and you'll pick up plenty more about other routes (modular, FI, military etc)

PH - thanks, I don't particularly mind taking the time to post a lengthy answer myself if I reckon it could be of help to a few more people, I know you feel similarly . I wonder if the mods would think it worthwhile to create a 'sticky' along the lines of 'so where does a newbie start looking ... what's it all about?' so that there'd be less repetition? just a thought.

Cheers, BM