PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mail not getting through on Ops
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2008, 12:33
nav attacking

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Logistics Loader:

It aint rocket science....!!! not wishing to sound patronising BUT !!
You are absolutely right mate it isn't rocket science! Why the hell when there are civvy flights bringing civvy mail into theatre can't we just cough up the bucks and accept that sometimes the civvies could do things better than we can. DHL, TNT etc would take on most of the courier jobs and do them a damn sight better than the current mil system, and probably cheaper. Even Royal Mail have a better service!! Agreed that from the logistics hub onwards needs to be mil flights but then give the mail going into theatre a reasonably high priority. It cannot be right if mail and christmas presents could still arrive in theatre after someone has left.

The services brought this on themselves advertising the free parcel post to theatre before christmas and then couldn't match the rhetoric yet again!!

If I end up in theatre again I may just get myself a PO Box out there and cut out the middle man.

I wasn't knocking the people involved just the fact that we seem to be hanging onto an out dated system that is obviously up.

Then again why doesn't that surprise me...