PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying in Quebec - Don't speak French
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2008, 11:52
Tintin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sec sorry on that one but apart from us , France, Morroco, Algeria and a little in Tunisia noboby use french on R/T.

As a madder of fact all europe exept France and Spain use only english, some time in Italy you will ear Italian R/T on the ground for slot improvement or the latest football score that all. Even German speak english in Germany

Asia all R/T are english exept Russia and China maybe because they have been isolated so much and still use the meters

Africa everywhere I have been english apart some country of the Margreb

Middle east only english appart some greeting and politeness even Lebanon

South America thats another story..We have 3 guys from there who just fail the ICAO test thats sad there a good bunch

We all have one goal safety, on smaller vfr aerodrome i dont see any problem. But
in a major intl airport thats another story. Few years ago after being clear to line up the rwy in Pudong my FO who hapend to speak chinesse told me to wait there, guess what 3 milles final was a china eastern A330 who have been clear to land....is TCAS was off and the vis was reduce there was no way we could have seen him on final..Not all ATC are as good as UK no even in the USA.

When I start flying i was proud to speak french wherever I could... Only monkey dont change Faut croire