PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2008, 11:11
Phone Wind

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NEO,

I guess you're a bit out in the sticks where you are as I've now heard of 5 pilots on their way from Bristow, though 2 of them may not have put in their resignations yet) and at least another 3 who are still deciding whether to accept offers from CHC.

The story I heard about CHC leaving Cameroon is true, so if their pilots from there are prepared to come to Nigeria, that will also help to boost their numbers here and put them in a good position if they get the Agbami contract. They may think that Cameroon and Nigeria are similar as they're neighbours, but I don't think it will take them long to get disabused of that notion if and when they arrive!

CHC definitely seem to be the flavour of the month here and the Bristow hard-nosed attitude with some of the oil companies and more than a few of its employees may soon come back and bite them in the ass. I think you're also right that for a company claiming to be completely transparent and which in the infamous Bristow song is said to "communicate, they keep you in the loop", they're lousy at informing employees of anything including who the new MD is going to be, 2 weeks after it was announced that the present one is leaving. I expect it's all totally within the concept of Target Zero, soon to be Zero communication, Zero pay review, Zero new helicopters, Zero pilots, Zero engineers, Zero Bristow Nigeria Way to go