PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 737 pilot conversion
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2008, 09:42
Steve76

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
737 pilot conversion

Hahahaha... well hello all. I'm back for a bit. No doubt there have been threads dedicated to the loss of my opinion but time is short so lets cut to the chase.
As the rotor turns I find myself becoming less and less enthused about the prospect of another 40yrs of life touring to butt **** Africa, PNG or some remote frozen wasteland just to pull $100k. Recent conversations with the slab wing brethren lead me to understand that a 737 co-pilot starts on 100K a year (offshore captain wage) and within 2-4yrs will advance to Captain, position dependant I assume, on a salary of about $170K. Regular schedule, consistent girlfriend, happy kids, new motorbike and even a pension (until they decide to wipe that in the next melt-down) - all a byproduct of more money and time off. Starting to sound pretty damn good really. Can't believe I just said that...

Anyhoo! question is: who out there has done this and how does a 7000hr Rotary pilot with 2500hrs of multi-engine rotary fare in the fixed wing world. Does anyone know anyone who has gone in reverse?

Assume a basic ATPL fixed wing licence with twin, IFR etc. All the basics.