PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 16th Feb 2008, 07:13
loc22550

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fuel policy.... what a joke...As a Captain I decide the fuel i want to take..not the dispatcher..what kind of help you get from those guys...!!!??
There are just there to handle you the paper..
For info without taking any extra i would have to divert already 2 or 3 times the last 2 weeks coming back to doha due to traffic , zigzag radar vector...and if You think anythink was mentioned in the flight plan..you are dreaming...BS statistic...
When you are in your 3rd or 4 night flight in a row with minimum rest during day time, and you are tired, the last think i want to do is to divert when it's cavok at my destination..just because of this stupid fuel policy , made by people confortably seated in their office!!!
Then go ahead and try to explain your passenger why you divert and why all of them are gone miss their connection in doha...
And if you are lucky and have" VVIP" on board...you will be probably called during ...your days off...to come to the office to justify yourself and asking why you didn't take extra fuel.....

Last edited by loc22550; 16th Feb 2008 at 09:50.