PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AAIB BA38 B777 Initial Report Update 23 January 2008
Old 16th Feb 2008, 01:39
FE Hoppy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
swiss_swiss FE Hoppy - mind telling me what you do for a living? I hope its not as a licenced aircraft engineer or pilot?

I refrained from commenting on the fuel/oil heat exchanger theory earlier in this thread but the question about the fuel filter is basic stuff.

of course there is a bypass mechanism for the fuel filter and a differential pressure system that indicates a clogged filter.
RANT ON

Swiss-Swiss, mind telling me where you learnt to be so rude? I hope it wasn't in a training centre in Zürich!!

I am not familiar with the engine in question so do not assume to know the layout of it's fuel system. I am familiar with some other engines and not all fuel filters are fitted with bypass valves and warning systems.

That is why I asked the question.

Now you claim to be familiar with this engine and I'm not going to question your credentials in public. So would you mind answering the question about the bypass system being overwhelmed?

And while your there would you mind explaining what use a filter bypass system is if the fuel flow has been restricted in the heat exchanger and pipes running to the filter? no pressure = no bypass as far as my understanding goes. But perhaps rather than making a positive contributions you would prefer to just insult people?

RANT OFF.