PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Women Pilots
Thread: Women Pilots
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2008, 21:21
redsnail

PPRuNe Handmaiden

Received 46 Likes on 24 Posts
Milt,

"Fitting" the aircraft was more of a problem in the C207 type of aircraft, versus the more complex ones. The seats and rudder pedals are all adjustable in the more complex beasties so "fitting" it is less of an issue. An extra cushion solved the problem. Short guys have similar problems while very tall guys have other problems.

Control force/feel is balanced out so that's not a problem. If it's a large aircraft, it's hydraulically powered so it's doing all the work. Either way, the trim's your friend.

I don't think I've ever seen a female pilot wear a skirt whilst flying, it isn't the most practical piece of apparel. Sometimes I wear a tie, sometimes I wear a scarf. Both are acceptable.

With regards pregnancy. Different regulatory bodies have slightly different ideas. In JAA land. You're automatically grounded upon finding out you're pregnant. Then your flight status can be restored after consultation with your doctors. Then you're ok to fly (assuming you're ok) until the 3rd trimester when the risk of early delivery and the bulk of the baby make it impractical.