PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Zealand's biggest Wings & Wheels Airshow? Yeh Right!
Old 15th Feb 2008, 20:45
27/09

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yep, Tui would run a better show, and the mailer we received was cringe material.

Article in local weekly paper a week or two ago went on about the organiser of said show still needing to obtain consents from local council.

Seems to me he has left his run a bit late on this score. Apparently he needs agreement from all occupiers at airport. So far he hasn't kept them in the loop as to the effect that airshow will have on their operations, so I don't see him getting agreement from them in a hurry. From what I have heard there isn't a lot of support/sympathy around the airfield for the show because of the way promoter has gone about things.

If the show is to be run as originally intended and requires the associated consents from the authorities my bet is he won't get the required consents in time.

Also hear that the US jet formation aerobatic team are not coming, probably like a lot of the other attractions that were advertised, their appearance wasn't confirmed before the advertising was launched with them on it. Have to wonder what else isn't going to be there.

Pity, it would be nice to see a good airshow in the Waikato, but to try and run something like this every year and to try run it at a relatively busy regional airport is stupid.